Chhatisgarh Agricultural Engineering College is run and managed by Durg Education and Charitable Society, Durg.With due affiliation and recognition from Indira Gandhi Krishi vishwavidyalaya, college was started in the session 2002-03. College is ideally located in between Durg & Bhilai .Bhilai is known to be education hub of Chhattisgarh, college is having a distance of 9 kms from Railway and 7 kms from bus stand and 45kms from raipur Airport. College is runned in its own building with lush green campus. Having modern infrastructure with amenities like wi-fi facility,canteen, sports field ,instructional area, administrative area and amenities area.
In pursuance to the Judgment of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India dated 08.05.2009 in Civil Appeal No. 887/2009, the University Grants Commission has framed "UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009"
which have been notified on 4th July, 2009 in the Gazette of India. The College follows this regulation and subsequent guidelines issued in the matter in letter and spirit. The Anti-Ragging Cell of the college undertakes matters related to ragging and discipline in the campus as and when the situation arises.
At the beginning of every academic year Anti Raging Committee and Anti Ragging Squad are formed to curb the menace of ragging. Warning mentioned below is displayed in the notice board "Ragging is strictly prohibited in this campus. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against any student found indulging in any such activity. The culprits will be handed over to police immediately."
Student READY/ In-Plant Training / Internship / Experiential Learning Programmes:
The college implements Student READY/ In-plant training/ Internship/ Experiential Learning Programmes and learning outcomes as per the guidelines of ICAR. Students are sent to various Institutions of National and International repute for undergoing in Plant Training / Internship/ Experiential Learning Programme
- Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Budni, MP
- Southern Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Anantpur, AP
- Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal.
- Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology, Ludhiana
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., Jalgaon
- Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Tanjavur.
- National Ground Water Training and Research Institute, Raipur
- Water and Land Management Institute, Bhopal
- Indian Agro and Food Industries, IB group, Rajnandgaon
- Abhuday Sansthan, Achoti (for fulfilment of course Human Values and Ethics)
- Shree Sita Refiners Pvt. Ltd., Dhamdha Road, Durg
- Arun Agriculture, Authorised Dealer Mahindra Tractor, Pulgaon Chowk
Visit (for Fulfilment of Practical Requirements)
- Chhattisgarh State Cooperative Dairy Federation Ltd.,Durg
- Shree Sita Rice Mill, Dhamdha Road, Durg.
- Harda Nala Watershed, Bemetara
- Tandula Dam, Balod
- Gangrel Dam, Dhamtari
- Layout of Drip Irrigation at Field of Progressive Farmer, Dhamdha
- BEC food, Kuthrel
- Soil and Water Conservation Structure, Korhiya Nalah
- Seed Processing Plant, Ruabandha
- IGKV, Raipur
- Research Farms
- Precision Farming Development Centre
- Workshop, Faculty of Agril. Engg.
- Agricultural Museum
- Agro Meteorological Observatory
Inplant Training at Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Budni, MP
Visit of Students at Krishi Vigyan Kendra Raipur
Visit of Students at KVK Raipur
Visit of Students at National Ground Water Training & Research Institute
Curricula Delivery through IT (smart class rooms/interactive board etc.)
The College is using projectors in class room along with computer and internet for the purpose of smart and interactive class rooms.
Audio Visual classes are arranged for the students to explain the various topics like soil and water conservation structure, working of IC engine, projection in Engineering drawing, power transmission system of tractor etc.
- Facilities available in Smart Class
- Sound System with Cordless mike
- Laser torch
Student Development at the College directs its educational efforts at fostering the intellect and character of students by integrating in-class and co-curricular experiences. To accomplish this, the College provides a wide range of educational experiences through programs and activities that complement and support the academic experience in the classroom.